SummaryThis position is accountable for developing and maintaining positive working relationships with new and existing customers throughout North America. This role will establish and manage strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve sales growth and margin targets. This role collaborates heavily with Sales in developing timely and effective pricing and capacity for bid responses and spot market opportunities. This position will directly report to the Pricing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute/Coordinate all requests for bids, projects, and spot quotes.
- Foster and maintain relationships with our vendors to secure the most competitive rates in the industry.
- Working with function and overall corporate strategy.
- Maintain the housing of the rate base for all customers' rates and troubleshoot discrepancies.
- Properly and clearly notify customers of changes to rates in a time-efficient manner and document backup properly.
- Support Sales Team, and Senior Leadership in other areas or duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Accountable to company Core Values: Customer and Driver Focused, Innovative, Relationship Builder, Accountable, Purposeful Communicator and Exceeds Expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Business preferred or equivalent logistics and transportation experience required, minimum 3 years.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong team-building skills and ability to motivate others
- Team-player mindset and willingness to collaborate
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills