Order Entry Supervisor
Position SummaryThe Supervisor is responsible for acting as the lead position on a team of specialists performing order creation and/or track and trace functions for import logistics customers. The Order Creation Supervisor reports directly to the Business Services Manager and is the primary expert on the execution of all functions within the team. This position is responsible for providing contingency backups for all positions on the team, and to be the primary trainer within the team while consistently achieving a high level of service, data accuracy, productivity, and data excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates training for team members to include new hires, team cross-training, inter-departmental training, and other training as required by the business.
- Provides guidance and support to team members.
- Maintains current SOPs for all customers and functions within the team.
- Maintains all daily checklists for team members as task change desks or priority.
- Creates and maintains Power BI tools as needed for team member functions.
- Provides direct support and problem resolution to team members on day-to-day issues involving entry, service, expense, and data integrity.
- Assists Business Services Manager with creating and meeting team goals.
- Assists other departments in resolving business service-related issues to include payables, receivables, collections, analytics, operations, or system/IT issues.
- Acts as primary backup covering vacancies for all positions on assigned team.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Two or more years related experience in transportation or logistics is required. Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business is preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Power BI.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook.
- Team-player mindset and willingness to collaborate.
- Accountable to company Core Values: Customer and Driver Focused, Innovative, Relationship Builder, Accountable, Purposeful Communicator and Exceeds Expectations.