Operations ManagerThe Operations Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of intermodal logistics services for their assigned team; and for coordinating and integrating logistics services with other teams or other services provided by the company. Reporting directly to the VP, Operations, the Operations Manager is responsible to oversee strategic planning and direction of the assigned operations team, developing and monitoring reports to identify exceptions in service or financial performance, providing industry-leading service to world-class customers, maximizing relationships with partner carriers, internal customers, and key stakeholders, and representing the company as the subject matter expert at customer locations, industry events, and within the C&K Holdings group of companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes quality transportation services as necessary to meet customers' needs, utilizing a combination of services involving third-party vendors, outside agent carriers and C&K Trucking or Skyline Express.
- Responsible for management of all day to day activities to include customer service, dispatch, empty management, carrier assignment, and problem resolution.
- Manages operations in a cost-efficient manner and reviews financial reports to find opportunities for further cost savings.
- Monitors and addresses all issues relating to service and data integrity.
- Directly responsible for all aspects of team performance, to include service and associated cost.
- Supervises multiple employees in addition to own duties/responsibilities.
- Develops partnerships with outside carriers in shipping industry.
- Manages performance of team employees with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and service delivery.
- Develops and maintains relevant key performance indicators.
- Develops and manages work schedules and other office/team activities.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree plus two or more years’ related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong team building skills and ability to motivate others.
- Team-player mindset and willingness to collaborate.
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills.
- Accountable to company Core Values: Customer and Driver Focused, Innovative, Relationship Builder, Accountable, Purposeful Communicator and Exceeds Expectations.