Operations Logistics CoordinatorThe Operations Logistics Coordinator is responsible for processing ocean import shipments while coordinating with internal and external groups through communication, problem-solving, and on-time delivery within the requirements of our customers. He/She will be responsible for achieving high accuracy through our systems to ensure superior productivity and operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and schedule all necessary import deliveries through purchase transportation and supplier/consignee location details.
- Communicate with all parties involved including customer service groups; preferred carriers, ocean carriers, 3PLs, freight forwarders and or all other parties involved.
- Offer contingency plans for missed deliveries and communicate/control all resolutions.
- Report inbound volume, container deliveries, container status, and manage container yards daily. Provide metrics and on-time performance based on customer’s needs.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations import department to ensure that customer requirements are met and clearly communicated.
- Track and trace shipments through transit milestones to destination and advise customer service as needed.
- Assists Operations Supervisor in controlling all operations-related costs by reviewing daily any pertinent operations finance reports and dashboards to minimize cost exposure to customers, carriers, and the company.
- Assists Operations Supervisor with creating and meeting team goals.
- Assists other departments in resolving operations-related issues to include payables, receivables, collections, analytics, support, or system/IT issues.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- One or more years’ related experience in transportation or logistics is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business is preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Team-player mindset and willingness to collaborate.
- Accountable to company Core Values: Customer and Driver Focused, Innovative, Relationship Builder, Accountable, Purposeful Communicator and Exceeds Expectations.