Carrier Relations CoordinatorAV Logistics needs to expand its carrier base to keep up with projected growth and service demands. Additionally, AV must focus more on developing and strengthening our carrier relations. Carrier relations are more than adding carriers to the AV network. It’s making sure AV stays connected to their carrier base, understanding their strengths and challenges while assisting in creating efficiencies for all parties, including technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, grow and maintain current and new nationwide dray carrier base.
- Develop internal carrier metrics for Operations and customer alignment
- Involved in procurement, planning and margin management
- Work with Operations Teams to align carrier base to operational needs
- Drive initiatives to maximize margins while providing superior service
- Negotiate competitive rates while leveraging AV volumes.
- Collaborate with sales department and operational teams (AV/CK) to ensure dray carriers meet and exceed internal and external metrics and expectations
- Identify and qualify new carriers
- Ensure carrier invoicing/payments are current and follow AV processes
- Be familiar with and keep current on international and national regulations that impact company and customers
- Ensure internal and external communications are handled effectively and timely
- Review opportunities to reduce miles, street dwell time or backhaul prospects
- Conduct reviews/on-site visits with carriers to review operations and performance
- Maintain rate base for all carrier pay rates and troubleshoot discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Business preferred or equivalent logistics and transportation experience required, minimum 3 years.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong team building skills and ability to motivate others
- Team-player mindset and willingness to collaborate
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Accountable to company Core Values: Customer and Driver Focused, Innovative, Relationship Builder, Accountable, Purposeful Communicator and Exceeds Expectations